Six steps that will help you make the most of each day and live your best life!
By Norman Vincent Peale
Want to go from having a “nice day” to having a powerful one? Then follow these six steps…every day!
1. Upon waking each morning, say this statement the very first thing: “This is the day which the Lord has made; we (I) will rejoice and be glad in it” (Psalm 118:24).
2. Get some vigorous exercise. Run, walk, bike. Do Zumba or Pilates.
3. Read a chapter from one of the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John) and try to visualize Jesus as a friend who is having the experiences described.
4. Before you begin your daily work, repeat the following: “They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint” (Isaiah 40:31). Note that the focus is not on a surge of spiritual power, but on the ability to walk, that is, to keep on going.
5. At noon, thank Jesus for a good morning. Say, “I am going to have a great afternoon.”
6. When you get into bed each night, thank the Lord for the day, no matter what it held. Put the decisions you made into his hands and leave them there. Repeat this verse from Isaiah 28:12: “This is the resting place, let the weary rest.”